Hello! My name is Cait. I’m a recent college graduate and a newbie to the blogging world, but I am no stranger to the food or writing world. Both are great loves of mine. I cook at least 3-4 times a week- with occasional late night insomnia-induced baking sessions thrown in there about once (ok…sometimes twice) a week- utilizing a mixture of personal favorite recipes and those I find on the web.
- I recently graduated with an B.A. in English from the University of Texas (Hook ‘Em! \m/)
- I am an out and proud nerd who loves and knows entirely too much movie trivia.
- My lifetime goal is to be a Director.
- My favorite dessert is either my Maw Maw’s Chocolate Pie or baklava.
- Margaritas are my favorite alcoholic drink…
- …but if we’re going beer, I prefer dark beer- stouts and coffee porters are my favorites!
- Liz Lemon is my spirit animal.
- Michael Keaton was the best Batman (“YOU WANNA GET NUTS?!”). Come on.
- The Neverending Story is my favorite movie. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a very close second.
I generally try to be a positive person, and do my best to help spread positivity.
It is my hope that The Manifest Recipe is a place where people come to relax, be entertained, and learn something about food. I will always post recipes that I’m making, or aspire to make, for those looking for some cooking inspiration.
Please feel free to contribute in comments and be sure to follow, like, and share!
I welcome any interaction with readers; please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, inquiries, or comment directly on posts! My goal is to build a community.